Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vintage Birthday

Hi,

I'm still working on keeping this blog updated on a regular basis.   I do love crafting, sometimes I just over committment myself.  Can you be addicted to stress?  I think sometimes I like chaos, just so I can figure a way out.

Well enough of me... On to this posting's project.

Yesterday I did a Hero Arts 90 minute scramble challenge.  See the Hero Arts Flickr site for upcoming scrambles.  They are addicting!!! 

THE CHALLENGE
1) Your new creation must contain at least one side without a straight edge.
2) Use your favorite Hero Arts stamp(s).
3) Use your favorite color combination.
4) Use your favorite technique(s).
5) Use your favorite embellishment(s).

The hostest with the mostest had some wonderful examples.   Below is my entry:

It's a card for a Baby Shower I was going to later that day.
This card is in the shape of a Onesie.   It was cut using my Silhouette SD.  I used a Hero Arts Butterfly digital cutting file for the butterfly.   The background stamp is an old Hero Arts trio butterfly set.  

Now I had also began working on a second design during this scramble (high hopes I could do two cards in 90 minutes --- let's just say I'm still striving to hit that goal.)  This card was for a dear friend's mother's 83rd birthday.   She threw her a party with a roaring 20's theme.  That is where I got the inspiration for the design.


This card was so fun to make.   The card base I used black card stock and cut the design from Silhouette.  Then the silhouette of the vintage woman is a Hero Arts design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment