Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 2 of Pairing up challenge

Good Morning/Afternoon / Evening everyone!  

It's day two and wow did you see the beautiful card Nancy made for our 1st day on the challenge?  Awesome!   I better step up my game today. 

This card actually started out with a completely different idea in mind.   I don't know about you, but that seems to happen to me more often than not. 

Here's my take on the challenge.....


Supplies:
  • Red Ribbon
  • Sizzix die cut tag
  • Merry Christmas (words) was in a box of stamps (small wood block)
  • Hero Arts Stamp - H2047 - Square of four backgrounds.
  • Red and Green Cardstock
Originally I was going to somewhat be lazy and use the backgrounds to kiss some other Christmas stamps.   My kisses just weren't coming out the way I wanted them to.  So then I looked and saw the blocks on the paper and my mind jumped to a package.   I couldn't be happier on the way this came out.

Hope you enjoyed it...    Be sure and hop over to the Happy Heart Studio and see Nancy's beautiful creation.  Click Here  

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! Love the result! Isn't it amazing how our cards take twists and turns and come out completely different than what we've imagined?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm such a fan of color blocking and I love how you used it here....the colors are so fresh and fun! Love how you turned it into a gift, too clever! I'm having a blast with our challenge, Rachelle!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, love the big bold blocks of colour!

    ReplyDelete