Monday, September 20, 2010

Hero Arts Flickr group Pairing Up Challenge

Hello everyone,

I can't believe that this is already the 20th of September!   I'm excited about this week, but I missed posting all last week.   Well with the start of this week, starts a new chapter in my crafting world.   Not only did I recreate my blog, I am pairing up with an exceptional lady and crafter.....   Nancy  (aka Nancyljk).  She is a hostest with the mostest over at HeroArts.   Being paired up with Nancy has been a wonderful experience.  A little nerve racking, because she is a hostest and that meant she sat the bar high with her cards.   It's ok, I enjoy a challenge.

Here is what we are doing this week.   
Monday - Wednesday we are taking a Hero Arts non-Holiday stamp and turning it into a Christmas/holiday card.
Thursday and Friday - We are using a Hero Arts stamp we both have and doing a different technique with it each day.  

Ok, I've rambled on enough...  here is my card for today.


The supplies used:

  • Hero Arts H5328 Row of houses

  • Stampscapes  180E Cracked Earth

  • The trees are from a $1 sticker pack

  • The Happy Holidays is from another $1 sticker pack

  • The Happy Holidays paper is from Paper Pizazz

  • Versa Mark Ink - Black

I took a pre-scored card base.   Then covered the front with the Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas paper.  Then on a gold piece of card stock, I stamped the row of houses, then the cracked earth.   Then I embelished it to look like Christmas.   Now you may be wondering where the falling snow is, or the snow men.   Well in Vegas, we don't see that stuff around Christmas, so I gave it more of a home feel for me.  :-)

Hope you enjoyed my first posting for this challenge.
  
Here is the link to Nancy's blog...   Hop on over and enjoy her first card for our pairing up challenge.
click here   

7 comments:

  1. What a great theme for the challenge, thanks so much Rachelle for playing along, I love your sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme, I look forward to seeing what you both co e up with, if today is anything to go by... a treat in store - well a few me thinks :D Marvelous idea to decorate the row of houses for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little scene you have created! I love the "lights" on the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your card is fabulous! I love how you added the bling to the Row of Houses and all the the other fantastic additions! What a coincidence that we both did a house theme today....it's the "great minds thinking alike" thing.
    Looking forward to a wonderful week with you Rachelle!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachelle, this is so cool! I love the depth you've achieved! That cracked earth stamp is so neat! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So original. The Row of Houses is all dressed up for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great idea for a challenge! And you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete